bgms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://bgms.forumotion.com

BGMS - About Empty BGMS - About

Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:51 pm
Bubblegum Motherf***er was a series of compilations put together by J. Riggs, featuring bubblegum music from the 60's and 70's. There were 45 volumes of Bubblegum MF and 5 volumes of Bubblepop MF.

I discovered the series in late 2019, but could find very little information about it. While I was able to find many of them online, it was apparent after listening to a couple of them, that they were unlistenable. The volumes of the tracks were all over the place, loud, then quiet, then medium, and loud again. Many of the tracks also had a horrendous amount of skips in them, sometimes even 10 seconds long. The tagging of the MP3s were also not that great. Sometimes band names or song names weren't even correct. I have no idea how much of this was from the original BGMF CDs, or if it was the person who ripped the CDs to MP3s, or someone trying to recreate them. Either way there was only one way I was going to be able to listen to this great series, and that was to fix it myself.

What I’ve done:
1. Fix. Many of the songs had bad skips in them. Sometimes 10 out of 30 would be unlistenable. So, I have found new sources for these tracks (a few are a slightly different version than on BGMF). Or, I have gone into the MP3 and manually altered the song, replacing the skip with another part of the song.
2. Research. I've verified artist names, song names, and dates. Because many of these artists used variations of their band names, I tried to use the most commonly used name for the artist. So, within the series, every song by the same band will have the same spelling. If you see a difference, that's because it's two different bands. Song names were taken from the spelling on the records themselves, so you will see variations between covers of the same song. Dates were tricky, as I have no clue where each song came from, so I've used the earliest date of release for each song by the band who performed it. There were only a couple songs that were not verifiable, but a well educated guess has been made for those based on various factors.
3. Tags. All the tags have correct spelling, correct artist, correct title, correct date. I have also included notes in the "comments" tag, when needed. Like if an educated guess was made with the date, or other things as well. No extra tags either, just basic information tags.
4. Volume. I have adjusted the gain on all tracks. No more adjusting the volume from song to song.
5. Artwork. I was missing many of the BGMF covers, so I have created new covers for each volume - the finishing touch.
6. Ready for iTunes. Artwork embedded in files. Drop all files into iTunes and you are good to go. All tracks tagged as genre: "Bubblegum".
Note*:  I use a Mac, and and older version of iTunes. I am not up to date on Windows, so file names may or may not work in Windows. Some tracks have extra periods in them, I'm guessing if the file doesn't work, just remove all but the last period from the filename.

Bubblegum Mothers***er
Why the name change? Two reasons. First, I never cared much for the name of the series, as I thought it was a bit crude for the music contained within. Controversial some might say, but I’m keeping it similar so it is easily recognized as the same series, but also a tuned up version (at least from what's available onliine). Second, I was only able to obtain so much information on the series. Some of the albums, I found variations within the track listing. So, BGMS may not be 100% the same as the BGMF CDs. (I have not been able to find any info on volumes 43, 44, and 45.) Bubblepop Mothers***er will be posted here as time allows me to complete it.

The BGMF CDs are hard to come by. I often look on online, and have yet to find one for sale. Thanks goes to Mr. Riggs for creating this series. Thanks also goes to those who provided some of the tracks that I needed to do this.

*If any links to any pages here send you to a different page within the forum, or tell you that the page doesn't exist after you click on it, it is there. Try clearing your cookies and cache, then loading the page again.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum